A rabies test is required for dogs and cats from Central America and Colombia traveling to Europe
We will guide you and your vet during the process!
If your dog or cat is traveling to Europe, a rabies test is required. This test is not available in Central America or Colombia but in countries such as USA. Consider starting the process at least 4 months in advance.
Verify that your pet complies with the requirements for the test
Prepare form for the laboratory in the USA
Pick up blood sample at your vet clinic
Prepare shipping documentation
Prepare special packing
Ship blood sample to USA
Follow up with the laboratory
Deliver when ready
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4||Step 5||Step 6||Step 7|
|Microchip||Rabies shot after microchip||Wait 30 days||Blood sample is drawn for the rabies exam||Blood sample is sent to an authorized lab for analysis||Wait three (3) months||Pet can travel to Europe if the rabies test has the required antibody titre levels and have complied with all other entry requirements.|
Member states of the European Union:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland*, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland*, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta*, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom*.
* Requires echinococcus treatment for dogs
- 14+ years experience in pet relocation
- Knowledge packing and sending blood samples for analysis in USA
- Work only with authorized laboratories
- Will work with your vet clinic to pick up the blood samples
- Knowledge of the documentation required for the rabies test
- Member of IPATA, the International Pet and Animal Transportation Association
- Have over 350 agents in more than 80 countries to assist with your pet move
Providing pet shipping services since 2002